- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Potato Salad with Italian Parsley, White Wine and Green Apple (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On November 20, 2012 @ 2:12 am In Bite This,Full Recipe List,Recipes / Main Courses,Recipes / Vegan | No Comments
I came across this recipe many years ago in some foodie magazine and thought I’d try it as a side dish for a winter holiday brunch I was making for a friend. I changed a few things and added a few things and it was a huge hit! Huge. And, yes, it goes perfectly with a nice big green salad and an organic egg omelet.
For the Recipe
1 ½ pounds fingerling potatoes
1 shallot, finely chopped
¼ cup white wine or mirin (japanese rice wine)
1 TB apple cider vinegar
4 TB chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 TB olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
½ tart green apple, cut into ¼ cubes
1. Cover potatoes in sauce pan with 1 in’ water and 2 tsp sea salt.
2. Boil and simmer until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Drain and cool. Cut into ½ in’ pieces.
4. Stir together shallots, wine, vinegar and 1 tsp sea salt.
5. Add warm potatoes and toss.
6. Add parsley and oil and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Add apple and serve.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/bite-this-potato-salad-parsley-whitewine/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.