Contributing Monkie Aria Alpert
Published on August 17, 2011
Here’s a light and refreshing way to cleanse your palate so you can make room for some more holiday dessert! Yes, you can definitely serve this sorbet on it’s own or scoop it over fresh organic berries or pie or crumbles….heck you could even put a scoop in a glass of champagne for a blood orange style chilled mimosa!
*Note: if you can’t find blood oranges you can use the juice of six regular oranges and 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
For the Recipe
2/3 cup agave
1/3 cup brown rice syrup
1 cup water
8 large blood oranges, peeled and seeded
juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
dash of sea salt
1 TB vodka
1. Put everything in blender and blend until blended.
2. Chill mixture in refrigerator overnight or at least until very cold.
3. Also chill the glass container you will be using to put the finished Sorbet in, in the freezer.
4. Then, pour the chilled sorbet mixture into your Ice Cream maker, turn it on and let it do it’s thang.
5. Check it after about 20 minutes. When it’s done, take out the chilled glass container from the freezer and transfer the finished sorbet.
6. Cover and put into freezer for at least 2 hours to firm up.