Contributing Monkie Aria Alpert
Published on October 8, 2011
Photographer V Blak
What can I say, we just moved into our new Brooklyn Hood and I needed a quick welcome to our new place desert. Which is easier said then done, when everything you own is packed tight in moving boxes.
But not to fear… the cute corner health food / deli had everything I needed. Organic chocolate bars, maple sugar and some fresh mint.
Remember this one is raw and is a bit on the delicate side. It doesn’t like warm rooms, so pull this out of the freezer just before serving.
For The Recipe
3 cups vegan chocolate chips or 1 dark chocolate and 1 mint dark chocolate bar
1/3 cup coconut butter
1/4 cup maple or palm sugar
1 1/2 cups homemade nut milk or soy milk
1/2 cup fresh peppermint leaves, chopped
1. In a small pot, melt chocolate, butter, sugar and milk over low heat. Stir. When chocolate is melted and smooth, turn off heat.
2. Gently stir in fresh peppermint leaves. (The peppermint must be completely dry when you drop it into the chocolate.)
3. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour the mix into a 9-by-9-inch baking pan and place the pan in the freezer until set, about an hour.
5. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the fudge into squares. (You may wish to rinse the knife under hot running water several times.)