- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
My Latest Success, La’ Corn Cakes With A Chipotle Dressing By GreenChef Callie England
Posted By Callie England On August 21, 2010 @ 4:00 am In Full Recipe List,Recipes / Main Courses,Recipes / Raw | 2 Comments
Photography Callie England
Lately, I’ve had quite a few flops in the kitchen. Which is why, I was super stoked when I came up with this dish and it actually tasted as good as I hoped.
Since I have issues with purchasing more corn than I (or a family of 5) needs, I wanted to find a way, other than corn relish, to make good use of it. For some reason, corn cakes immediately popped into my head and I decided to roll with it. I had most of the ingredients on hand, so to the kitchen I went…
I was in love with all the colors in the corn cakes… Isn’t raw food pretty!? Enjoy!
For the Corn Cakes
5 ears of corn, remove corn
1 green pepper
Small piece of red onion
2 tsp lime juice
Handful of fresh cilantro
.5 T cumin
.5 T chili powder
2 tsp agave
Sea salt to taste
1 C of ground flax
For the Chipotle Sauce
1.5 chipotle peppers (soaked in about 1/4 C water)
2 T olive oil
1 tsp stevia (or, use sweetener of choice)
Juice from one lemon
.5 T apple cider vinegar
1/3 C sunflower seeds
2 T nutritional yeast
1/2 red bell peppe
Instructions for the Corn Cakes:
1. In food processor, combine all ingredients except corn.
2. Pulse until you’re left with a fairly fine puree.
3. Pour mixture into bowl and fold in corn.
4. Add mixture back to processor and pulse a few times to break up the corn a bit (you want the corn to be somewhat chunky).
5. Place mixture back in bowl and add flax meal.
6. Mix until the flax has absorbed all of the excess liquid.
7. On a non-stick dehydrator sheet, use a dessert ring or cookie cutter to mold mixture into cake-like shapes (approximately 10).
8. Dehydrate overnight at 105 degrees. If you don’t have a dehydrator, you could most likely use a cookie sheet and bake at 200. How long though, I’m not sure – You’d have to keep a good eye on the oven.
Tip: A dessert ring/cookie cutter is a must-have for perfectly shaped patties… love it.
Instructions for the Chipoltle Sauce:
1. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. Add salt if you’re not making the wilted kale.
Instructions for the Assembly:
1. 1- 2 bunches of kale
2. 1 tsp sea salt
3. Wash, remove stems, cut kale (see how-to here) and place in a large bowl.
4. Add salt and about 2-3 tablespoons of the chipotle dressing.
5. Massage vigorously for approximately 5 minutes.
6. In a separate dish, add 1 T of chipotle dressing and .25 C of chopped tomato, mix well.
7. In a large serving bowl, lay down wilted kale, corn cakes and top with tomato/chipotle mixture.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/corn-cakes-chipotle/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.