- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Gluten Free Crunchy Shortbread Biscuits (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On May 17, 2012 @ 12:58 am In Bite This,Breads,Full Recipe List,Recipes / Vegan | No Comments
Photographer V Blak
For the Recipe
6 TB coconut butter, softened
4 TB homemade nutmilk or unsweetened soymilk
1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped, pod reserved for another use
1/2 cup maple or palm sugar
1 cup brown-rice flour
3 ounces blanched hazelnuts, finely ground (1 cup) OR 1 cup chestnut flour
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides.
3. Cream butter, vanilla seeds, and sugar with a mixer until fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add flour, hazelnuts or chestnut flour, and salt.
4. Press into pan; freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Score shortbread into 18 pieces; bake until gold, about 45 minutes.
5. Let cool for 15 minutes in pan. Then using the parchment paper to transfer, take out of baking pan and cool on a wire rack. Following the score lines, use sharp knife and cut into pieces.
6. Shortbread will keep, covered, for up to 3 days.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/gluten-free-crunchy-shortbread-biscuits/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.