Contributing Monkie Omid
Published on June 27, 2009
Recipe by G Living Member Omid
Smooth and creamy raw chocolate mousse served with semi-frozen raspberries is a perfect combination of raw chocolate and fresh, healthy raspberries and a perfect ending to any meal, or even when lounging around and looking for something refreshing but yet naughty.
Serves about 2
For the Mousse:
8 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
8 Tbsp raw honey
2 Tsp raw coconut oil
Pinch of freshly grounded nutmeg
Pinch of pink sea salt
Step 1 Blend all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth and creamy.
Step 2 Transfer this mousse into two dessert bowls, cover and place in the refrigerator to set for about two hours.
For the Raspberries and Garnish:
2 cups of fresh raspberries
2 Tsp orange zests
For the Raspberries: Divide the raspberries into two cups and place in the freezer for 5 minutes, just before serving.
For the Orange Zest: Take the mousse out of the refrigerator, sprinkle the orange zest on top of the mousse, and serve it immediately with semi-frozen raspberries on the side.
Try eating this delectable mousse like this and you will really enjoy every bit of it – eat each semi-frozen raspberry one by one along with a small amount of this divine chocolate mousse, and enjoy the delicious taste of raw chocolate and sweet semi-frozen raspberries.
Chocolate Mousse with Semi Frozen Raspberries is a raw, luscious chocolatey dessert with refreshing semi-frozen raspberries served on the side. Deliciously rich and easy to prepare, this dessert can be prepared ahead of time and served when needed, and perfect for occasions when you have unexpected guests or just to enjoy all by yourself.
Raw cocoa powder is not treated with alkali that removes all the beneficial effects of cocoa.
Strawberries, blackberries and raspberries are summer fruits and are at their best in summer months with the most flavor, taste and nutrients. They are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants.
Orange zest adds color and artistic touch to this delectable dessert.
1. This dessert is rich and has good amount of calories, protein, carbohydrates, total fat and saturated fat. As this has high amount of fats, it is best enjoyed occasionally.
2. Excellent source of Vitamin C, a natural water soluble antioxidant, that enhances the body’s immune system, increases the elasticity of skin and blood vessels, and prevents bruising of the skin.
3. Moderate source of magnesium that helps in relaxing the muscles and
nerves and relieves stress.
4.Very good source of copper and manganese, both of which play a vital role as cofactors in reactions involved in the neutralization of free radicals in the body, which can cause serious inflammation leading to heart diseases, cancer and other inflammatory diseases.
5. Moderate source of folic acid and vitamin K, which are also very essential to women from pregnancy to old age.
6. Good source of dietary fiber, which has a role in regulating the bowel functions, and reducing the risk of various intestinal disorders like hemorrhoids, constipation, IBS, etc. Dietary fiber also reduces the absorption of cholesterol and also regulates the blood glucose and cholesterol levels.
Each serving of this recipe provides the following nutrients :
Calories: 21% (438 Cal); Total Fats: 14%; Saturated Fats: 30%; Carbohydrates: 35%; Proteins: 14%; Fiber: 73%; Magnesium: 17%; Copper: 20%; Manganese: 72%; Vitamin C: 92%; Vitamin E: 5%; Vitamin K: 16%; Folic acid: 13%.