- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Perfect For A Cool Fall Evening, Pasta alla Norma
Posted By vegalicious On November 7, 2010 @ 6:00 am In Full Recipe List,Recipes / Main Courses,Recipes / Vegan | No Comments
Sicilian Pasta with Eggplant, Basil and Soy Cheese. This classic meal tastes great in any season. We were happy to use our own eggplants from the garden, just rather sad that we don’t have more, but looking forward to next spring when we begin again to grow this wonderful vegetable.
Serves 2 people
For the Ingredients:
1 large handful spaghetti pasta (enough for 2 people)
2 Tbs. oil
1 can tomato pieces
1 red onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbs. Italian herbs
salt and pepper to taste
1 small eggplant, thinly sliced
fresh basil leaves, washed
100 grams soy cheese, grated
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion until glassy.
2. Add the garlic and the crushed tomatoes or tomato pieces.
3. Add the Italian herbs, the salt and pepper and the splash of lemon juice.
4. Reduce the heat to simmer.
5. In a frying, place the other tablespoon of oil.
6. When the oil is hot, put the eggplant slices in and allow to gently brown, turn them over using a fork when lightly brown on each side, remove and drain on a paper towel.
7. Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
8. Cook the spaghetti al dente.
9. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain.
10. Place a serving of spaghetti on each plate.
11. Top with the tomato sauce, followed with the eggplant pieces.
12. Garnish with the basil and grate some soy cheese on top.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/greenchefs-pasta-alla-norma/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.