- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
A Raw Homemade Almond Milk (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On November 11, 2012 @ 12:23 am In Bite This,Full Recipe List,Recipes / Drinks and Smoothy,Recipes / Raw | 2 Comments
It’s time to get the basics down people. Making nut milk couldn’t be easier. Almond milk also happens to be a goto milk for most of my recipes. It’s one of the most versatile of all the nut milks. So, no more heading to the grocery store to buy factory made boxed up milks. Trust me. When you taste this you will never wont to buy that (crap) old stuff again.
To make nut milks you only need to invest in a very inexpensive nut milk bag. You can substitute other nuts for the almonds… hazelnuts, pecans, cashew, brazil nut, walnut…and if you want a richer milk increase the amount of nuts or decrease for a lighter version… Now go make some milk!
For the Recipe
1 1/2 cups almonds, soaked overnight then drain and rinse
pinch of sea salt
4 cups fresh filtered water
2 – 4 TB of agave, depending on how sweet you want it (sweetening is optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean, seeds only (optional)
1. Blend almonds and water in blender for about 2 minute.
2. Strain the milk through a nut milk bag or multiple layers of cheesecloth to make sure no almond pulp will go back into your milk.
3. (Place almond pulp in a airtight container in the fridge to use for the raw cookie recipe coming in tomorrow’s Bite This!)
4. Add almond milk and remaining ingredients to blender.
5. Blend to combined. Pour into pitcher and refrigerate if not using right away.
6. Lasts about 5 days in fridge.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/homemade-almond-milk-bite-this/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.