- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Homemade Maple Granola (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On June 12, 2012 @ 12:46 am In Bite This,Full Recipe List,Recipes / Raw,Recipes / Vegan | No Comments
Why spend a bunch of money at the store on granola when you can easily make it cheaper and way more delicious yourself at home! I have also included a raw alternative in the instructions at the bottom for all you RAW folks out there who wanna try making this in the dehydrator. Also, feel free to play around with the spices, nuts and dried fruits, tailoring it to your liking or whatever you have in your kitchen.
Oh, and this makes a wonderful homemade gift filled to the brim in a lovely glass airtight container… just sayin’… :)
For the Recipe
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3 TB maple sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup agave or maple syrup
2 TB coconut butter/oil, melted
1 cup dried fruit (I used a mix of black raisins and dried dark cherries)
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
3. Mix the first 7 ingredients in large bowl.
4. Mix together melted coconut oil and agave or maple syrup and pour over oat mixture; toss to coat. Spread on prepared sheet.
5. Bake until golden, stirring every 10 minutes, about 40 minutes.
6. Place sheet on rack. Stir granola; cool.
7. Mix in dried fruit.
8. Store in airtight container.
Spread granola on a Teflex sheet. The mesh and dehydrator screen should be placed underneath the Teflex before spreading. Dehydrate at 105-110 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 hours, then flip granola onto bare mesh screen and peel off Teflex sheet. Dehydrate for another 10-12 hours, or until the granola is crunchy.
Store in airtight container.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/homemade-maple-granola/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.