- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Homemade Vanilla Extract (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On June 19, 2012 @ 12:00 am In Bite This,Full Recipe List,Recipes / GreenChef Ingredients & Tools,Recipes / Raw | 6 Comments
Photographer V Blak
I must admit. I have never done this before. Making my own Vanilla Extract that is. It’s also only been 3 weeks since it started marinating in its beautiful glass jar. I am not sure how it’s gonna turn out BUT it looks so beautiful we decided we had to share this recipe with everyone. Life is all about the journey…right… :) Jump in and let us know how yours turns out.
For The Recipe
8 moist vanilla beans, preferably Mexican, split lengthwise
2 cups vodka
1. Put the vanilla beans in a tall bottle or jar and cover with the vodka.
2. Add up to 1/2 cup more vodka to completely submerge the vanilla beans.
3. Close the bottle or jar and let stand in a cool, dark place for at least 6 weeks before using.
4. The extract is done when it’s dark and fragrant.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/homemade-vanilla-extract-bite-this/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.