- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Insane Blueberry Cardamom Cheesecake by GreenChef Heather Pace
Posted By Heather Pace On July 25, 2012 @ 1:07 pm In Recipes / Desserts,Recipes / Raw,Recipes / Vegan | 19 Comments
Photographer Heather Pace
Blueberries – nature’s candy and nature’s medicine, packed with antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. I just happen to live in blueberry country. It’s one of the few perks of living in the north. Every year I battle the bears out in the old logging roads to pick pails and pails of berries. I gobble them up in their natural state, in addition to using them in smoothies and desserts, before freezing heaps of them to enjoy throughout the year.
The taste of wild berries can’t be compared to store bought ones – in fact, I never buy them because I know what the REAL ones taste like. I often invite my raw food friends up to my little corner in northwestern Ontario, Canada to partake in my wild adventures, so consider this an invite to join in my summer berry expeditions!
I hope you’ll give this blueberry cheesecake a try. It’s delicious with the cardamom but you could easily omit it if you’re not a fan.
For the Crust
1 cup walnuts
2/3 cup pitted, packed dates
For the Filling
3 cups blueberries
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
6 tablespoons melted cacao butter
Instructions: For the Crust
1. Grind both ingredients together in a food processor.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of water if the mixture is too crumbly.
3. Press the crust into pans of choice. I used mini silicone muffin cups. Set aside.
Instructions: For the Filling
1. In a blender, combine all but the cacao butter, until completely smooth and creamy.
2. Add the butter and blend again to incorporate.
3. Pour the mixture over the crust(s)
4. Chill in the fridge or freezer until firm. Since the freezer means less chilling time, I prefer it.
5. Garnish with blueberries, edible flowers, or any other garnish of your choice.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/insane-blueberry-cardamom-cheesecake/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.