- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Fresh Lemon Basil Linguine (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On December 25, 2012 @ 12:00 am In Bite This,Full Recipe List,Recipes / Main Courses,Recipes / Vegan | 4 Comments
When I was in Italy over the summer I had lemon pasta for the first time and was in heaven. You see, lemons are one of my most favorite fruits. I use them probably everyday, but I never had it in a pasta before! YUM! A lovely brightness to add to your winter meal…
For the Recipe
1 pound of your favorite linguine
Juice of 3 lemons and the grated zest of 1
6 TB extra virgin olive oil
4 TB nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 handfuls of fresh basil, leaves picked and finely chopped
1 handful of arugula
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Cook the linguine as per instruction on the package in generously salted boiling water. When done, drain pasta and return to the saucepan.
2. Meanwhile, beat the lemon juice and zest with the olive oil. Taste and add more sea salt lemon juice if needed.
3. Add the lemon sauce to the linguine and shake the pan to coat each strand of pasta with the sauce.
4. Finish by stirring in the nutritional yeast, chopped basil, the arugula and red pepper flakes if using.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/lemon-linguine-bite-this/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.