- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
A Raw Meyer Lemon Black Olive Salsa (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On July 30, 2011 @ 12:07 am In Bite This,Full Recipe List,Recipes / Raw | No Comments
Meyer lemons are one of my all time favorite lemons. They are sweeter, less acidic and juicer than your regular lemon. You will find them at the markets this time of year up until about April. They also have very soft skin that is tender enough and yummy to eat!
You can not, replace a Meyer lemon with a standard lemon in this recipe.
For the Recipe
2 TB shallot, finely diced
1 TB plus 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
2 meyer lemons, washed, sliced and diced
1 tsp raw honey or agave
3/4 cups raw black olives, pitted and chopped
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 TB flat parsley, chopped
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Place shallots, vinegar and a large pinch of salt in small bowl and let sit 5 minutes.
2. Add diced lemons to the shallots.
3. Stir in honey, olives, red pepper flakes, parsley and olive oil.
4. Taste and add more sea salt and/or red pepper flakes if necessary.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/meyer-lemon-black-olive-salsa-bite-this/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.