Contributing Monkie Aria Alpert
Published on February 1, 2011
Photographer V Blak
Refreshing and delightfully sweet with the subtle savory taste of rosemary. Your everyday common lemons are not the same as Meyer lemons. Meyer lemons have a sweeter, less acidic flavor than the more common lemon Lisbon or Eureka varieties. If your new to Meyers, your in for a treat. But feel free to use a normal lemon if you can’t get Meyers.
For the Recipe
6 cups filtered water
1/2 cup agave
6 Meyer lemons, thinly sliced
3 rosemary sprigs
4 1/2 cups sparkling water,chilled
1. Bring the 6 cups of filtered water to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Add 4 lemons and 2 rosemary sprigs. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Cover pot and let steep for 20 minutes.
5. Strain and discard lemons and rosemary.
6. Let cool.
7. When cooled, pour liquid into a heat resistant large glass container and mix in agave.
8. Add the rest of the sliced lemons and last sprig of rosemary.
9. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve then add the sparkling water, gently stirring to combine.