- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
A Raw Mulberry Mousse by GreenChef Heather Pace
Posted By Heather Pace On April 8, 2012 @ 12:56 am In Full Recipe List,GreenChefs,Recipes / Desserts,Recipes / Raw | No Comments
I love love love mulberries. They’re one of my top three favorite dried fruits, and are like sweet, chewy candies without the refined sugar. I was fortunate enough to taste fresh mulberries a few summers ago, and wow, what a treat! Mulberries are high in antioxidants and a rich source of vitamin C and iron, so get your snack on! I keep a stash of these dried gems in my purse for emergency snacking purposes, and I particularly enjoy mixing them into dark raw chocolate. They also make a fabulous topping for ice cream – when they’re cold, they’re crunchy! For a great breakfast cereal, toss them with dehydrated buckwheat, cacao nibs, and drizzle it all with cold almond milk. Yum!
Recently I was inspired to turn these goodies into a creamy, luscious mousse! I use irish moss to thicken and “fluff” the mixture. Irish moss is a seaweed rich in minerals, and is high in protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, in addition to other nutrients. It also acts as a skin nourisher and softener, so make extra irish moss gel and wear it as a face mask!
For the Mousse:
1/2 cup dried mulberries
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cashews
1/3 cup irish moss gel*
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lecithin powder
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1. Soak the mulberries in the water for 1-2 hours.
2. Blend the berries/soak water along with all other ingredients except the oil, until smooth.
3. Add the oil and blend briefly to incorporate.
4. Chill the mixture.
5. Garnish with dried mulberries and a drizzle of yacon or maple syrup (optional)
*Irish moss gel:
1. Rinse and soak a handful of irish moss in cold water for 8-12 hours.
2. Remove the moss from the water, measure out 2 oz. and chop.
3. Blend the chopped moss with 1 cup of water until smooth and warm.
4. Save remaining gel for other recipes.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/mulberry-mousse/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.