Contributing Monkie Callie England
Published on November 20, 2012
Photographer: Callie England
A quickie kind of post, for a quickie kind of recipe. However, these are so gosh-darn good, that they really don’t need much of an explanation. I’m addicted. Remember thin mints, the ones you ate as a kid? Well this is my Raw/Vegan version of the Thin Mints. A must try!
For the Chocolate
1/2 Cupmelted Cacao butter
1/2 Cup melted coconut butter (for a firmer thin mint, sub coconut butter/oil with cacao butter)
1/2 Cup maple syrup
1 1/2 Cups cacao powder
Sea salt to taste
For the Mint mixture
3/4 Cup dehydrated coconut
1 1/2 Cups packed coconut meat
3 TB coconut butter/oil
1 TB maple syrup
1-2 packets of stevia
1 1/2 tsp mint extract
1/2 tsp spirulina (coloring agent)
Salt to taste
1. Blend all ingredients together until smooth. If need be, you may need to add a bit of water to keep contents in blender moving.
2. Paper or silicone mini-baking cups
3. Line a miniature cupcake pan with baking cups.
4. Pour a small amount of chocolate in the bottom of each cup.
5. Next, drop a small amount of the mint mixture on top of the chocolate layer.
6. Cover mint mixture with more chocolate sauce.
7. Once all cups have been poured, place in freezer to firm.
Viola – you’re done! Like I said, I’m addicted – And, I love the contrast of the hard outer shell with the soft and gooey minty inside – Ahhh, so heavenly.