- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Smoky Black Beans (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On February 7, 2012 @ 12:45 am In Bite This,Full Recipe List,Recipes / Vegan,The Ingredient: Cheese | No Comments
It’s time to put down that can opener and start making your own fresh batch of beans. It is so simple and quicker than you might think. I know, opening a can is quicker, but definitely not healthier. For those of you who have never made a homemade pot of beans, here is your opportunity. Try this recipe. It’s really tasty and really freaking easy. Serve with green salad, sauteed greens, cooked grains, in a bowl with fresh chopped avocado and cilantro and a side of corn chips, anyway you wanna eat ‘em…explore….
For the Recipe
1 cup black beans, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
1 dried chipotle chili
4 cups filtered water
2 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
2 inch piece of kombu seaweed
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried sage
1 bay leaf
1 tsp smoked sea salt
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Drain soaked beans and rinse.
2. Add the soaked beans, the dried chili and 4 cups fresh filtered water to a medium pot. Bring to boil. Skim off any white foam that forms from the water.
3. Lower heat to simmer and add kombu, garlic, paprika, sage and bay leaf.
4. Cook about 1 ½ hours or until beans are soft, adding extra water if the beans become to dry.
5. Discard chili and bay leaf. Stir in salt and lemon juice.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/smoky-black-beans-bite-this/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.