- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Smoky “Roasted” Garlic & Red Pepper Soup
Posted By Omid On April 12, 2009 @ 6:46 pm In Full Recipe List,Recipes / Main Courses,Recipes / Raw,Recipes / Soups & Salads | 6 Comments
Recipe by G Living MemberOmid
Smoky “Roasted” Garlic & Red Pepper Soup (raw)
A perfect starter for any meal, this red pepper and garlic soup is completely raw and has a smoky flavor, thick creamy texture and has an absolutely delicious taste.
Serves about 4
For the Soup:
4 large red peppers, deseeded & chopped
1 cup chopped white onion
6 cloves garlic, grated
1/2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 tomatoes, sun blushed & chopped
4 Tbsp sunflower oil
4 Tbsp of honey
Himalayan pink sea salt & fresh black pepper to taste
Step 1 Mix red pepper, white onion, garlic, rosemary, sun blushed tomato, sunflower oil and Himalayan sea salt well together in a bowl (it is much better if you can mix all the ingredients with your hand, which will enable all the flavors to mix well). Cover and set aside in a warm area, or you can even leave it under the sun for about 1 hour to marinate.
Step 2 Now blend all the marinated ingredients, strawberries and honey together in a blender for about 2 minutes until nice and smooth.
Step 3 Adjust the taste with more Himalayan sea salt if needed, transfer this into two of your favorite bowls, and season with fresh black pepper on top. Serve immediately.
Step 4 Optionally, you can add some fresh warm water and make this soup
It is a delicious, aromatic and flavorful raw soup. It can be served on its own as a healthy snack or as an appetizer before a meal. This red pepper and garlic soup is full of taste, flavor and aroma. It acts as a healthy natural appetizer and also improves digestion.
* Sweet red peppers have a sweet taste with a slightly pungent aroma and are very rich in vitamins A, C, B6 and folic acid.
* White onion, garlic and rosemary add flavor and a nice aroma to the dish, but they also have beneficial medicinal properties.
* Ripe tomatoes are juicy and have a sweetish sour taste. It has good amounts of a natural antioxidant called lycopene.
* Fresh ripe strawberries are the best and are good sources of vitamin C.
* Sunflower oil is a good source of unsaturated fatty acids and is available in both high-oleic (high in monounsaturated fats) and high-linoleic (high in polyunsaturated fats) varieties.
1. This is low in calories, carbohydrates and proteins, but the majority of the calories come from the fats.
2. Excellent source of vitamin A, a natural antioxidant that reduces acne, and promotes healthy, smooth and radiant skin.
3. Excellent source of vitamin C, a natural water soluble antioxidant. It enhances the body’s immune system, increases the elasticity of skin and blood vessels, and prevents bruising of the skin.
4. Good source of vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that scavenges the free radicals that oxidize fats, preserve the integrity of cell membranes, and protect our body against free radical damage.
5. Moderate source of vitamin K. It promotes the mineralization of bones and thus strengthens bones.
6. Good source of vitamin B6 and folic acid. These are essential in the synthesis of hemoglobin in the blood.
7. Folic acid also prevents the accumulation of an intermediary metabolite called homocysteine in the blood. Elevated levels of homocysteine in the blood are associated with heart attack, stroke and peripheral vascular disease. Thus, this soup also promotes heart health.
Each serve of this dish provides the following nutrients –
Calories: 14% (274 Cal); Total Fats: 24%; Saturated Fats: 7%; Carbohydrates: 12%; Proteins: 5%; Fiber: 22%; Potassium: 15%; Manganese: 15%; Vitamin A: 113%; Vitamin C: 394%; Vitamin E: 44%; Vitamin K: 18%; Vitamin B6: 26%; Folic acid: 25%.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/smoky-roasted-garlic-red-pepper-soup/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.