- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Spicy Sesame Sweet Cabbage Slaw (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On January 23, 2012 @ 12:00 am In Bite This,Full Recipe List,Recipes / Raw,Recipes / Soups & Salads | 2 Comments
Photographer V Blak
Napa and savoy cabbage are a softer and sweeter variety than your regular green cabbage, so choose either for this recipe. This is a wonderful accompaniment to serve with one of your favorite winter soups. Adds a refreshing crispiness to your meal.
For the Dressing
3 TB raw apple cider vinegar
3 TB fresh lemon juice
2 TB nama shoyu or tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
1 TB agave
1 1/2 TB sesame oil
1 TB hot toasted sesame oil
1 TB fresh grated ginger root
nice pinch of red pepper flakes (depending on how hot you want it)
For the Slaw
1 pound napa or savoy cabbage, trimmed and sliced thinly into strips
4 red radishes, sliced
1/2 cup snap peas, sliced
2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced (reserve white part for another use)
1 TB black and/or white sesame seeds
2 TB cilantro, chopped
1. For the dressing: In a bowl, whisk everything together until combine.
2. For the slaw: Mix everything, except the sesame seeds, in a large bowl. Then toss in dressing.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to 4 hours ahead of time to allow cabbage to absorb flavors.
4. Taste and season with a dash of sea salt if necessary.
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/spicy-sesame-sweet-cabbage-slaw-bite-this/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.