- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Sweet and Spicy Roasted Winter Squash with Caramelized Whole Garlic Cloves (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On October 23, 2011 @ 8:00 pm In Bite This,Full Recipe List,GreenChefs | 2 Comments
Red Kuri, Buttercup, Kabocha or Delicata are my favorites squash’s to use for this simple and delish recipe. This is a beautiful festive compliment to any meal; mix it into a mixed winter green salad, put it over cooked grains, sautéed greens, sprinkle some toasted pumpkins seeds over it…basically anyway you wanna serve this, you gotta wonderful sweet seasonal treat… :)
For the Recipe
one 2-pound squash, washed, halved, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
4 TB maple syrup or agave
8 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
one 1 1/2 piece of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
1 fresh hot chili pepper, thinly sliced
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
dash of cayenne
2 TB coconut butter, melted
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a large roasting pan add squash with the syrup, garlic, ginger, chili, spices, sea salt and coconut butter.
3. Cover with lid or foil and bake for about 40 minutes, or until squash is tender.
4. Increase temperature to 450 and uncover the pan.
5. Mix the squash around with a spoon and move pan to top shelf and roast for 15 minutes or until squash is caramelized.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/sweet-spicy-roasted-winter-squash-bite-this/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.