- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Tapioca Pudding with Brandy Infused Red Raspberries (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On September 8, 2011 @ 12:24 am In Bite This,Full Recipe List,Recipes / Desserts,Recipes / Vegan | 2 Comments
This is one of those, I need a delicious beautiful dessert now recipes. Tapioca is a quick dessert that will definitely delight you and your guests! You can even make the tapioca part the night before for simple assembly the next day. Just be sure to marinate the berry topping the day you are gonna eat this yummy dessert.
A little about the berry topping. You can make it with or without the Brandy and/or Cognac. I like the flavor and the little warmth the Brandy brings to the berries. If your serving this to young ones, its just as good with the pure sweetness of the berries.
For the Recipe
2 cup filtered water
4 TB tapioca small pearls
1/4 cup maple sugar, coconut palm sugar or agave
pinch of sea salt
2 cup homemade almond milk, unsweetened soy or coconut milk
1/3 cup shredded coconut (optional)
*1 TB arrowroot, dissolved in 2 TB cold milk whisking until combined
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Brandy Red Raspberries
2 pints fresh organic raspberries, washed (u can also substitute 1 bag organic frozen berries too!)
1 to 2 TB agave (depending on how sweet the berries are naturally)
2 TB cognac or brandy (optional of course if ya don’t want to get looped!)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
* Arrowroot is a starch used as a thickener in place of cornstarch.
Instructions For The Tapioca
1. In a saucepan bring the water to a boil.
2. Use a whisk to add the tapioca pearls, preventing them to stick together.
3. Turn down heat to low and let the tapioca cook for about 15 minutes or until the pearls have lost about half of their opaqueness, whisk often to prevent sticking together. The mixture will have slightly thickened and the liquid will be cloudy.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar, salt and milk of your choice together.
5. Whisk in mixture to tapioca and let cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often. If using the shredded coconut, stir in and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Whisk in arrowroot mixture, constantly whisking until tapioca gets thicker. About a minute.
7. Stir in vanilla extract until combine and turn off stove.
8. Pour into heat resistant bowl and cool a bit before putting into the refrigerator until set.
9. Find your best decorative glasses or bowls and layer the Tapioca and the toppings of your choice. I used the Brandy Raspberries for mine.
Instructions For The Brandy Raspberries
This is simple. Place all the ingredients into a bowl and fold the liquid over the berries and let the entire mixture sit for an hour or so in the refrigerator. The idea is to infuse the berries with the Brandy or Cognac.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/tapioca-pudding-with-brandy-infused-red-raspberries-bite-this/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.