- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
The Insanely Tasty Green Mountain Parfait By GreenChefs Golubka
Posted By Golubka On August 29, 2010 @ 10:00 pm In Recipes / Desserts,Recipes / Raw,Recipes / Vegan | 7 Comments
Parfait is a wonderful thing. It allows those of us who find boredom in single-flavour desserts to enjoy many tastes and textures elegantly layered in one tall glass. This one was inspired by Japanese parfaits, in which the most peculiar colours and foods are combined to make insane edible creations.
Avocado ice cream is among our favourite culinary discoveries of this summer. It seems as though avocado was created for ice cream making, with its smooth and creamy texture.
We wanted this parfait to tell a visual story and paint a delicious landscape. The layers of green ice cream, buckwheat crunchies, fresh cherries, and blueberry and vanilla creams are meant to resemble topography. Mountains and valleys, trees and flowers, and finally, at the very top – snowy peaks.
Just like all desserts on Golubka, this parfait is nourishing and full of ingredients that do nice things for your body. Go ahead, try it for breakfast.
For the Light and Dark Green Layers – Avocado Ice Cream
3 hass avocados
1 cup meat of fresh young coconut OR cashews
1/4 cup coconut oil
juice and zest of 1 1/2 limes
5 dates – pitted
1/2 vanilla bean
31/3 cup light raw agave nectar
1 cup water
For the White and Blueberry Layers – Vanilla Cream – Blueberry Cream
1 cup meat of young Thai coconut
1/4 cup coconut water
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 vanilla bean
1/4 cup light raw agave nectar
1/2 cup dry coconut flakes OR cashews
For the Mango Buckwheat Crunchies
1 cup sprouted buckwheat
flesh of 1/2 ripe mango
2 dates – pitted
Instructions for the Light Green Layer – Avocado Ice Cream:
1. Combine all ingredients, except the lime zest, in a high speed blender until smooth.
2. Reserve 1/3 of the mixture for the forest green layer.
3. Chill well and put into an ice cream maker for 25 minutes or however long your brand of ice cream machine suggests.
4. Add the lime zest directly into the ice cream machine after about 15 minutes of churning.
5. Freeze for 1-2 hours before serving.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, there is an option to make avocado mousse instead of ice-cream. Just exclude the water and coconut meat/cashew, add about two more avocados and adjust the amount of agave to taste. Chill in the refrigerator until the mousse thickens.
Instructions for the Forest Green Layer – Avocado Ice Cream:
1. In a high speed blender, combine the reserved 1/3 of avocado mixture with some fresh spinach until the desired colour is achieved.
2. Make ice cream according to the instructions above.
Instructions for the White Layer – Vanilla Cream:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
2. Reserve about 1/3 of the mixture for the Violet Layer.
3. Chill in the refrigerator until the cream thickens.
Instructions for the Violet Layer – Blueberry Cream:
1. In a high speed blender, add fresh blueberries or blueberry powder to the reserved 1/3 of vanilla cream until the desired colour is reached.
2. Chill in the refrigerator until the cream thickens.
Instructions for the Mango Buckwheat Crunchies:
1. In a blender, puree the mango flesh and dates.
2. Transfer to a mixing bowl together with the sprouted buckwheat and mix well to coat the sprouts.
3. Spread on Teflex sheets and dehydrate overnight or until completely dry and crispy.
Instructions for Assembly:
1-2 cups fresh cherries – pitted
1 cup fresh or freeze dried sour cherries (optional) – pitted
1. Cut the fresh cherries in half. Optionally, dehydrate the fresh cherries at 115F for 1-2 hours.
2. Using a piping or Ziploc bag, squeeze some avocado ice cream into a tall glass to make a first layer.
3. Follow by the forest green layer, and then more avocado ice cream mixed with cherries.
4. Sprinkle with mango buckwheat crunchies and top with blueberry and vanilla cream.
5. You can arrange the layers in any way you want.
6. Aesthetically, it’s nice to take care to arrange the layers unevenly to create the hilly landscape appearance.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/the-insanely-tasty-green-mountain-parfait-by-greenchefs-golubka/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.