- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Planning A Party, Why Not Try A Veggie Trio Puree
Posted By Nadia On February 6, 2012 @ 12:59 am In Full Recipe List,Recipes / Soups & Salads | 3 Comments
May be now is the time to make a confession - I hate cooking the same old stuff over and over again. And mainly because of that I spend years of rebelling against myself and convincing everybody around me that I hate cooking. My husband was the only one who didn’t give up on me. He kept on saying everything I made was delicious and I kept on disagreeing.
Only when I started paying attention to what’s healthy, my view changed. I figured out that it’s a whole new world out there with tons of interesting and amazing recipes. With numerous challenges on using the right kinds of ingredients to create a healthy recipe. My kitchen became the most adorable spot in the house and I became addicted to preparing new meals every day. The possibilities turned out to be endless – raw desserts, vegan treats, healthy dishes… All new, all challenging… my boredom with food was finally over.
The idea behind the colorful trio puree came to me while I was thinking of potato puree. How could I come up with a version of the potato puree, say using broccoli, cauliflower or even carrots without over complicating the ingredients. I ended up with three purees made with the simplest ingredients, just the vegetable, coconut oil, lime and salt. The challenge this time will be on you – to make your own twists by adding different herbs, spices, cheeses or whatever :) Or leave them as they are, the choice is yours.
For the Trio Puree
4 medium carrots
2-3 small broccoli
3 teaspoons coconut oil
2 limes juiced
1. Steam the vegetables for exactly 5 minutes each, just enough time to soften them. If your steamer is big enough place them all at once, if not – steam one by one.
2. Put the carrots in the food processor while hot, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil, 1/3 of the lime juice and salt. Blend using the S knife for 30-60 seconds.
3. Clean the processor and blend the cauliflower with 1 teaspoon coconut oil, 1/3 of the lime juice and salt.
4. Clean it again and blend the broccoli using the rest of the coconut oil, lime and dash of salt.
5. Make small balls using your hands and serve hot.
Time for preparation: 15-30 minutes. Serves 4-6.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/veggie-raw-trio-puree/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.