- G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green - http://gliving.com -
Yogini Mornin’ Porriage (Bite This)
Posted By Aria Alpert On September 10, 2011 @ 12:00 am In Bite This,Full Recipe List,Recipes / Vegan | 3 Comments
Photographer V Blak
My Green Diva Yogini Stephanie Bernstein, the founder of To-go Ware, and I created this recipe years ago when our days were filled with nothing but yoga and cooking in the kitchen. It has evolved through the years but the core remains the same. This is a wonderfully nourishing breakfast to keep your inner spirt warm and cozy through these cold winter months!
For The Recipe
1 cup *freshly ground grains of your choice (oats, sweet rice, buckwheat, millet, quinoa, rye berries, spelt berries, etc)
3 cups water (add more or less depending on how thick you like it)
1 cinnamon stick
1 inch slices of fresh ginger root
1/3 cup dried fruit ( I used black raisins and prunes)
dash of sea salt
ground flax seeds or nuts of choice (optional)
homemade nut milk
organic maple syrup, agave or stevia to sweeten (optional)
* you can easily grind whole grains in a spice grinder (i.e. coffee bean grinder)
1. In a medium pot add dried fruit, cinnamon stick, ginger, sea salt and water. Bring to a boil.
2. Slowly stir in grains, stirring constantly to combine. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Occasionally stirring.
3. Discard the ginger and cinnamon stick. If using, let cool a bit before adding flax seeds or nuts.
4. Serve along side with nut milk and sweetener of choice.
Article printed from G Living | Dark Twisted Space Monkies Go Green: http://gliving.com
URL to article: http://gliving.com/yogini-mornin-porriage/
Copyright © 2010 G Living | Modern Green Lifestyle Blog (Darker Side Of Green). All rights reserved.