They say delicious food is a source of happiness, and the secret of making a mouthwatering meal is what defines a perfect cook. That is precisely what you will learn once you master the technique of making those yummy dishes you always see in the food magazine and online recipes.
Well, do you know what Philly cheesesteak egg rolls are? These are typically the perfect combinations of American and Chinese fast foods on a single plate. One thing loved about this blend is that they are easy to make and cheap.
Within one hour, you will have enough food for tonight and freeze the rest for tomorrow’s craving. As long as you have onion, green bell pepper, and ground beef in your fridge, you will be ready to experience a life changing moment of delicious Philly cheesesteak egg rolls. But, do you know how to make Philly cheesesteak egg rolls?
Philly cheesesteak egg rolls were never my recipe at home. I used to enjoy munching on these egg rolls at my friends’ parties, in five-star hotels, and during end-year parties at my job place. They were delicious and I was in love. But I didn’t know how to make them, so I would only get them food inns. On that fateful day, I attended one of my closest friend’s birthday party, when these Philly cheesesteak egg rolls were served.
I vowed to carry some takeaway to enjoy at my home the next day when one of the chefs approached me and gave me the secrets of making my Philly cheesesteak egg rolls at home. I guess that was the happiest moment of the day because I passed at the best grocery and gathered everything I was told. Do you think it is time you should also try this recipe for your family? Read on to find out how easy it is to make the best meal that your loved ones will always ask every day.
Making Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
A homemade cheesesteak is a great finger food item, both family and party occasions. They are usually ready within 30 minutes in a pot of oil and can also be frozen for later use. Since egg roll wrappers come 24 in a package, you will have enough food for your family and remain with a huge batch to freeze. However, what kind of meat is used to make Philly cheesesteak egg rolls? Very thinly sliced ribeye is commonly used in making cheesesteak, but egg rolls are perfect when used with ground beef. Additionally, here are some of the dipping sauces you can use on cheesesteak egg rolls;
- Adding ketchup to a cheesesteak.
- A mixture of ketchup and mayo.
- Cheez Whiz.
- Ranch, which is believed to be a dip for every dish.
- Taking a spice route of mayo, sriracha, and a mixture of fantastic hot peppers.
Tools used in making Philly cheesesteak egg rolls
- Oil thermometer: Philly cheesesteak egg rolls need hot oil at 350 degrees. You can cook everything inside the pot, but you need an excellent golden-brown exterior with some melty cheese inside.
- Tongs: Most people use pigtail flippers for frying, but because making Philly cheesesteak egg rolls comes with filling to protect, you should be prepared with tongs. Using slotted spoons or spatulas is likely to cause oil burns if the egg rolls fall back to the pot.
- Cooling rack: Don’t use napkins or paper towels because they will build up steam and cause half of the egg rolls to be soggy.
- Cheez whiz: Of course, you need cheez whiz for dipping.
- One pound of ground beef.
- A half teaspoon salt.
- Two teaspoons butter.
- A half teaspoon pepper.
- One teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
- One yellow onion.
- A half green bell pepper.
- Twelve American cheese (sliced).
- 24 egg roll wrappers.
- Bowl of water.
- Canola oil.
- Start browning beef in the skillet. Please don’t break the meat too much while browning it. Try getting a nice brown sear, then break it as little as possible.
- Add the salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce; stir gently and remove it from the pan.
- Add the butter, chopped onions, and bell pepper to the pan and cook until browned and caramelized.
- Once browned, add the meat back to the pan and stir gently until combined.
- Prepare your egg roll wrappers and cheese as the mixture cools.
- Lay wrappers on a flat surface and place half a slice of American cheese on each wrapper.
- Add three teaspoons of the meat mixture on top of the cheese on the wrapper.
- Pull the left corner over the meat and fold the two sides in.
- Wet the edges of the wrappers and roll them tightly.
- Set the pan on heat with canola oil; it would be best if you set it about an inch high.
- Add 3-4 egg rolls in the oil at once. Fry them for about 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden brown, and the filling is heated through.
- You can transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and continue warming in a 200 degrees oven.
- Once they turn brown, you can take the egg rolls out of the oil and dry them on a cooling rack.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining egg rolls. Serve with the warm provolone cheese sauce on the side.
- Ensure the egg roll wrappers are covered when you are not using them, so they don’t dry out.
- Do not crowd the pan because they may stick together or drop the temperature of the oil.
- Do not cool on the napkins or paper towels because they will capture the steam under the egg rolls and cause sogginess.
I guess you will like Philly cheesesteak egg rolls the first time you will make them at home. Making cheesesteak egg rolls at home is the most straightforward task you can have in the kitchen and probably the delicious meal you can serve your family at any time. Once you learn how to make Philly cheesesteak egg rolls, everyone will love joining your table. No one can resist the meat’s taste inside the wrapper, especially if you put them in a crispy wrapper.